A cold storage warehouse is a challenging environment with additional levels of complexity over and above a standard warehouse (e.g. temperature data capture). It also worth acknowledging that the high running cost associated with cold storage and stringent food regulations means that the operation needs to run effectively. You need to ask some basic questions:
- Have you a robust method to record temperatures throughout the different process stages including goods inward, pick and despatch?
- Do you have effective RH&D (receipt, handling and despatch) charges to reflect the services offered and the higher running costs associated with cold storage. Charging to include all work with easy methods to account for ad hoc work!
- Is control over both ambient and cold storage areas with visibility of stock between zones and associated rules both easy and effective?
MACSwms provides, as standard, the track and trace associated with food products in a temperature controlled environment. With technology that can support your needs including:
- Product data capture of weights and measures
- Voice and radio frequency functionality for greater speed and accuracy of work
- Interfaces with incumbent systems, ERP, accountancy, material handling or couriers