1 min read
With the October 2019 edition of “Manufacturing & Logistics IT” Magazine featuring multiple articles on the benefits of voice technologies, I am keen to remind readers that MACSwms voice has been operating successfully in industry for years. Our largest voice operated system is at Chiltern Cold Storage (www.chiltern.co) where voice is used predominantly for picking, replenishment and PI.
Major benefits of voice include:-
* Improvement in pick throughput and accuracy
* Eyes up and HANDS FREE picking
* Easy and quick to train. 30 – 45 minutes to align voice to unit and then 45 mins to train in warehouse. iPADS are utilised whilst training to check correct voice commands
* Reduction in chat amongst the staff whilst using head phones
* Real time visibility of staff movements and KPIs
Interested? For more information contact the MACS Team.
Earlier this year, following a devastating earthquake and subsequent cholera outbreak, MACS sent in reinforcements to get the SCMS (a delivery partner for USAID) warehouse, which despatches vital antiviral drugs, back to full operational capacity.
We all celebrated MACS Software’s 21st birthday recently with a staff trip to the Sutton Elms Go-Karting circuit in Leicestershire in order to let off a little steam. Some of the team showed a natural aptitude for thrashing around a race track – a far cry from our day jobs designing software for some of the world’s leading corporations.